Alliance for Election Campaign Finance Monitoring (ACFIM) is a coalition of civil society organisations and activists that came together to foster transparency and accountability in management of political processes including election campaigns. Our focus of to mobilise grass root citizens at village level with a view of building their capacity to be active participants in the political processes, carry out research and advocacy to inform policy development and build capacity of civil society organisations to meaningfully engage the agenda of political financing. ACFIM addresses among others corruption in campaign financing by scrutinizing the extent to which money influences election campaigns and outcomes.
ACFIM Vision is a Transparent and Accountable Political Financing Process.
As part of its contribution to Election Campaigns 2016, ACFIM is implementing three projects, namely:
1. An extended study on Financing of Presidential and Member of Parliament Elections Campaigns 2015/2016 – Supported by the Democratic Governance Facility (DGF)
2. Randomised Treat and Control Study on Vote-Buying during Election Campaigns 2015/2016 – Supported by National Democratic Institute (NDI/USAID)
3. Advocacy for campaign finance legislation – Supported by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
To contribute to an environment in which corruption is less prevalent in election campaign financing by monitoring, exposing flaws and advocating for well-targeted legal and institutional reforms.
1. Advocate for reforms to strengthen the legal and institutional framework for financing of political processes in Uganda.
2. Raise public awareness about the forms of corruption in campaign financing
3. Monitor, document and expose evidence of corruption in political financing including election campaigns
4. Build capacity of citizens and civil society organisations to monitor and expose corruption in political financing.