Who are we?
Alliance for Election Campaign Finance Monitoring (ACFIM) is a coalition of civil society organisations and activists that came together to foster transparency and accountability in management of political processes including election campaigns. Our focus is to mobilise grass root citizens at village level with a view of building their capacity to be active participants in the political processes, carry out research and advocacy to inform policy development and build capacity of civil society organisations to meaningfully engage the agenda of political financing. ACFIM addresses among others corruption in campaign financing by scrutinizing the extent to which money influences election campaigns and outcomes.
A Transparent and Accountable Political Financing Process.
To contribute to an environment in which corruption is less prevalent in election campaign financing by monitoring, exposing flaws and advocating for well-targeted legal and institutional reforms.
Statement of Intent
We intend to monitor campaign financing starting with primary elections of political parties through the campaigning period of 2016 general elections. Our focus for the 2016 general elections is as follows:
Reduced corruption in the electoral system and increased transparency in election campaign financing
Our Intervention Logic
If the legal and institutional framework for campaign and political party financing is strengthened to guarantee full disclosure of campaign income and expenditure, if citizens are empowered to monitor campaign financing, highlight flaws in the regulatory process, identify gaps in implementation, and propose workable remedies, then corruption will be less prevalent in election campaigns and democracy will be nurtured and preserved.
- Advocate for reforms to strengthen the legal and institutional framework for financing of political processes in Uganda.
- Raise public awareness about the forms of corruption in campaign financing.
- Monitor, document and expose evidence of corruption in political financing including election campaigns.
- Build capacity of citizens and civil society organisations to monitor and expose corruption in political financing.
Membership is open to national and international activists that are passionate about eliminating corruption in election campaign financing. The current membership includes the following:
- Transparency International Uganda (TIU) Click here to visit TIU website
- Anti-Corruption Coalition Uganda (ACCU) Click here to visit ACCU website
- Citizens Platform for Democracy and Accountability (CEPDA)
- Native Travel Festival (NTF) Click here to visit NTF website
- Community Development and Children Welfare Initiatives (CODI) Click here to visit CODI website
- Rwenzori Anti-Corruption Coalition (RAC) Click here to visit RAC website
- Midwestern Uganda Anti-Corruption Coalition (MIRAC)
- Kick Corruption out of Kigezi Click here to visit KICK website
- Anti-Corruption Coalition of Busoga (ACCOB)
- Northern Uganda Anti-Corruption Coalition (NUAC)
- Teso Anti-Corruption Coalition (TAC) Click here to visit TAC website
- The Apac Anti-Corruption Coalition (TAACC) Click here to visit TAACC website
- MAYANK Anti-Corruption Coalition (MACCO)
- Western Ankole Civil Society Forum (WACSOF) Click here to visit WACSOF website
- First African Bicycle Organisation (FABIO) Click here to visit FABIO website
- Moroto Nakapiripirit Religious Leaders’ Initiative for Peace (MONARLIP)